TARGETING A MARKET
Most of us know that information products are the dream deal on the Internet. They’re cheap to produce, the profits are insanely high, they run on autopilot. They let you work from anywhere in the world. And, info products pay you over & over & over again — for work you do once.
Some product ideas make an unbelievable pile of cash, while others flop and die a quiet death in some deserted back alley of the Internet.
Buyers will flock to one offering — waving their credit cards and clamouring for the chance to buy — and not even bat an eyelid at another.
If you want to make some REAL MONEY on the Internet (Not just a piddling trickle of penny-ante sales) you had better get serious about researching the Market. Finding the right market can easily make the difference between a struggling business that barely pays the bills, and a business that pours cash into your bank account — in a never-ending river. In finding the right market you need to conduct a research study in order to gaher the following information about customers, market size, Industry Trends, competition and potential profitability.
Educational material about doing business on the Internet DOES sell well –when sold by experienced and SUCCESSFUL Internet marketers. Successful Internet marketers were once in their customer’s shoes, and they bought all the products along their own road to success. They KNOW what works, what does NOT work, and why. They know and understand the information their customers need and want.
KEYWORD RESEARCH TOOLS
The Keyword Research Tool will help you research appropriate words and phrases to include in your webpage’s body text to aid in promotion. Simply enter the sort of word of phrase you wish to be found under, and the tool will suggest some additional words and phrases you can think about using. Keyword Discovery compiles keyword search statistics from all the major search engines world wide, to create the most powerful Keyword Research tool. Over 80% of all online transactions begin with a keyword search. To compete, you need to target all the relevant keywords.
Keyword Discovery can tell you the search phrases people use to find products and services, as well as the search terms that drive traffic to your competitors.
1. Optimize website content and meta tags
2. Maximize your pay per click campaigns
3. Take traffic away from your competitors
WILL YOUR NICHE BE PROFITABLE?
There are millions of different niches out there. It can be hard for many to find the right niche for them. As an affiliate marketer finding a profitable niche is a must. The top quality websites and blogs out there depend on fresh, unique information as well as massive loads of content to pull in visitors and potential customers to their sites. how to search a Profitable niche may be you have to:
- Look to yourself. In which fields do you have expert knowledge? What do you enjoy? Where’s your passion? If you were to pick a field that you have no interest in, it’ll be hard to keep at it week after week, month after month as your online business is developing. And you need to find a field where you have knowledge you can share with people as you build content on your website. Your expertise is the “value added” element that brings excellence to the site.
- Make lists of the keywords that describe these fields. Use Wordtracker to expand your list with synonyms and related words. If you have several possible fields, list all the keywords and synonyms you can think of. Now you might have a list of 100 to 200 keywords and phrases.
- Assess Internet supply and demand for each of these keywords. Run these keywords through a tool that will tell you both their supply (how many websites are listed when these keywords are searched) and their demand (how many times these keywords are searched for). Such tools can be found within Site Build It! Now, sort by a ratio of demand / supply. What you’re looking for are keywords with good demand but low supply. That is, there is a demonstrated interest since a lot of people are searching, but not too many websites supplying information on this theme.
- Determine PPC Prices of Keywords. Consider the keywords that show the greatest potential and check the keyword prices for these words on Google AdWords and Overture. Look for products that are offered via an affiliate program that pay fairly high commissions or that you could sell in an online store. Your business idea needs to have some profit potential or you’ll be working for nothing. Hopefully, by this time, however, you will have found some promising fields.
- Survey the Competition. Look at your potential competition on the Internet. How can you do it better, offer a new twist, and provide excellence where you now find only mediocrity? An old copyright date is a sign that a competing site is no longer being actively maintained. With many sites, “the lights are on but nobody’s home.”
If you do your research carefully and persistently you’ll probably find some niches that have potential, but are either unfilled (not likely these days) or underfilled (very likely).
*recently transfered from page to post*